A complete retail solution: Microsoft Dynamics GP and Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS)
Link front-end and back-office operations, streamline processes, and improve financial management and insight
Improve your business operations and financial management using the combination of Microsoft Dynamics GP, a full-featured financial and business management solution, and Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS), a sophisticated yet affordable point-of-sale software package that helps retailers to better track inventory and key customer service metrics.
Together, these two products can provide an end-to-end integrated solution that feeds customer, inventory, sales, and supplier data from multiple stores into your back-end business management system. In this way, Microsoft Dynamics GP and Microsoft Dynamics RMS can help businesses such as yours:
- Speed data flow throughout the operation.
- Eliminate double entry and manual processes.
- Enhance financial management by tracking customer payments, inventory receipts, and sales transactions.
Automate payables management
With your front-end systems linked to your back-end systems, you will be able to better track inventory received from purchase orders at individual stores. The combined Microsoft Dynamics GP and Microsoft Dynamics RMS solution helps enable these payables management capabilities:
- Automated purchase order processing: Full and partial purchase order receipts transfer into Microsoft Dynamics GP Purchase Order Processing module with all appropriate documents created.
- Updated inventory data: Store-level inventory adjustments are automatically updated in the General Ledger module.
- Easy Item and Vendor entry: Items and Vendors imported from Microsoft Dynamics RMS are linked and assigned to appropriate item classes in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Drill deeper into sales data
Another area in which retail businesses typically need assistance is in their visibility into sales transactions taking place at individual stores. Microsoft Dynamics RMS provides that extra level of awareness by porting sales data from retail operations to the Receivables module, which then flows into the General Ledger module. Types of receivables you’ll see include:
- Cash, check, and credit card sales.
- On Account customer transactions and payments.
- Work order, layaway, and back order payments.
In addition, all this information will automatically flow into the Microsoft Dynamics GP Bank Reconciliation module, eliminating the need for double entry.
Increase general ledger visibility
It’s easy to map relevant data from Microsoft Dynamics RMS into the Microsoft Dynamics GP General Ledger module, including data from retail general ledger accounts, inventory information, and tax codes. You can also expect to improve operational efficiency by eliminating double entry of payouts, overages or shortages, surcharges (debit/cash back), and manual inventory adjustments.
Perform tasks with Microsoft Office
Both Microsoft Dynamics RMS and Microsoft Dynamics GP work like and with familiar Microsoft Office system products, including Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook. This helps you to maximize existing software investments while making it easy for employees to use the new system. You’ll be able to:
- Print reports to Excel-friendly formats.
- Send virtually any report by e-mail.
- Import data from Excel into Microsoft Dynamics GP, and export reports to Excel for decision support analysis.
- Perform data analysis and reporting with Analysis Cubes.
- Use Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications to customize the user interface.
- Easily and quickly print labels and letters in Microsoft Word, using information from Microsoft Dynamics GP.